Learn advanced techniques for writing targeted, well-crafted online copy.
Develop an online voice that will attract and engage readers.
WRITING EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | SMALL COURSE SIZES | ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE
Writing for the Web Adv | Training Course
• How visitors read online and how they scan a page
• The role of web copy in an integrated online strategy
Listening and strategy
• Buzz monitoring, web analytics, sentiment analysis
• Understanding your audience
• Formulating a digital engagement strategy that works
• Commissioning and editing the right content for your readers
• How to work a brand tone of voice online
Tailoring content for mobile consumption
• How tablets and smartphones are refining web-writing strategies
Social and multimedia
• The role of blogs on websites
• Using multimedia to compliment your copy
• Sharing and promoting content through social media
• Giving your Style Guide a healthcheck
Techniques for writing online copy
• Techniques to produce targeted, relevant copy
• Creating engaging and useable heads, intros and instructions
• Making effective use of links
• Signposting your copy
• Self-contained copy units
• Evergreening copy
• Structuring content in creative ways that improve usability and boost SEO
• Re-purposing existing offline copy
• Practical examples of how to take existing offline copy and turn it into accessible online copy that works
• Monitoring your site for shovelware syndrome
Questions and answers
|Online||£349 + VAT|
|London Bridge||£199 + VAT save £150|
|Online||£249 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£279 + VAT save £70|
|Online||£299 + VAT save £50|
|London Bridge||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Piers was so well-informed and knowledgeable in this subject area, he could answer every question we threw at him and the structure of his course was great too."