If you want to fast-track a career in journalism, this is the perfect place to start.
Learn research, writing, interviewing and sub-editing skills from industry experts.
WRITING EXPERTS | JOURNALISM TRAINING | SMALL COURSE SIZES | LONDON LOCATION
Journalism Intro | Training Course
Introduction to journalism
• Different facets of today’s journalism
• How journalism is changing
• The internet as a research tool
• Traditional sources for journalists
• What makes news and how to find it
• The difference between news and feature writing
• The essentials of news reporting
• Researching news subjects
• Writing a good news story
• Working to journalism deadlines
• News desk organisation
• What makes a good feature?
• Understanding your audience
• Finding subjects for features
• Structuring your feature
• Writing excellent introductions
• Developing a feature
• Selling your feature
• Rewriting for different audiences
• Preparing for an interview
• Choosing who to interview
• Face-to-face interviews
• Telephone interviews
• Interview techniques
• The difficult interview
• Extracting information
• Spotting hidden agendas
• The press conference
• How to sub your work
• On-screen subbing
• Writing headlines
• Effective use of quotes
Writing for a digital audience
• The difference between print and online reading habits
• Writing for readers who skim
• Making your copy searchable
• Embedding multimedia content in your features
Ethics and legal issues
• A guide to the basics of media law
Questions and answers
|Online||£349 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£399 + VAT save £50|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"I've really enjoyed the course - Helen was very knowledgeable and inspiring! I'm definitely going to go back to the office/home and write! Many thanks"