Learn the fundamentals needed to create a professional and SEO-friendly website or blog.
Use themes and plugins to manage your site without the need to code.
MARKETING EXPERTS | SMALL CLASS SIZES | LONDON LOCATION | ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE
WordPress Basics | Training Course
• What is WordPress?
• What can WordPress do?
• WordPress support and help
• The WordPress interface
• The admin bar and previewing your site
• Working with the dashboard
• Customising the screens
• Content controls
• Site admin controls
Adding and editing content
• Planning your content
• Pages vs Posts
• Categories, sub-categories and tags
• Adding and structuring pages
• Adding and structuring posts
• Basic look and feel changes
• Defining custom slug names
Site admin and configuration
• Adding users and user roles
• Changing site structure and permalinks
• Changing other site settings
• Managing post and page comments
• About updates
Working with images
• Uploading images to the media library
• Inserting images into posts and pages
• Controlling image position
• Defining featured images
• Advanced image settings
• Adding a photo gallery
• Adding videos
What is a plug-in?
• Installing plug-ins
• Adding a lightbox to your photo galleries
• Adding a contact form
• Adding Google Analytics to your site
• Adding SEO tools
Customising the look of your site
• What is a theme?
• Changing visual theme settings
• Adding a custom banner
• Working with Widgets and sidebars
• Controlling and customising menu bars
• Changing your theme
• Using a page builder plugin
Questions & Answers
|London Bridge||£249 + VAT save £100|
|Online||£299 + VAT save £50|
|Online||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Great at explaining things through and showing examples, and bringing everything back together so not to get lost."