Learn the fundamentals needed to create a professional and SEO-friendly website or blog.
Use themes and plugins to manage your site without the need to code.
MARKETING EXPERTS | SMALL CLASS SIZES | LONDON LOCATION | ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE
|London Bridge||£279 + VAT save £100|
|Online||£229 + VAT save £150|
WordPress Basics | Training Course
• What is WordPress?
• What can WordPress do?
• WordPress support and help
• The WordPress interface
• The admin bar and previewing your site
• Working with the dashboard
• Customising the screens
• Content controls
• Site admin controls
Adding and editing content
• Planning your content
• Pages vs Posts
• Categories, sub-categories and tags
• Adding and structuring pages
• Adding and structuring posts
• Basic look and feel changes
• Defining custom slug names
Site admin and configuration
• Adding users and user roles
• Changing site structure and permalinks
• Changing other site settings
• Managing post and page comments
• About updates
Working with images
• Uploading images to the media library
• Inserting images into posts and pages
• Controlling image position
• Defining featured images
• Advanced image settings
• Adding a photo gallery
• Adding videos
What is a plug-in?
• Installing plug-ins
• Adding a lightbox to your photo galleries
• Adding a contact form
• Adding Google Analytics to your site
• Adding SEO tools
Customising the look of your site
• What is a theme?
• Changing visual theme settings
• Adding a custom banner
• Working with Widgets and sidebars
• Controlling and customising menu bars
• Changing your theme
• Using a page builder plugin
Questions & Answers
You Might Like These Too
"Great at explaining things through and showing examples, and bringing everything back together so not to get lost."