Write clear, concise reports that convey your message effectively, free from ambiguity.
Improve the clarity and structure of your business communications and report writing.
WRITING EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | SMALL COURSE SIZES | LONDON LOCATION
Report Writing | Training Course
Planning the message
• Planning what you have to say
• Who is your audience?
• Generating ideas
• Overcoming writer’s block
• Meeting the needs of your audience
Structuring your writing
• The essentials of business writing
• Structuring your message
• Different report writing styles (ie persuasive, informative, evaluative, technical)
• Choosing the correct tone for your audience and message
• Models to use
• How to rewrite a piece for a different audience
• Exercise: Following the brief given by the trainer, delegates re-write the given report sample for a different audience.
• Identifying the key messages in long documents
• Simplifying your language so your written English has maximum impact
Creating clear messages
• Guidelines for clear messaging
• Measuring the clarity of your written work
• Examples of what works and what doesn’t
• Critiquing professional business writing techniques
Editing and proofing
• The importance of mistake-free work
• Editing and proofing techniques
• Exercise: Re-write/edit a piece of your own business writing (ie a page from a report, email, or other business communication). Using the techniques and methods you’ve covered during the course, how can you improve your work?
Questions and answers
|Online||£249 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£279 + VAT save £70|
|Online||£299 + VAT save £50|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.