Learn the core principles and approach your work like a professional designer.
Design content that meets the brief and communicates your message clearly.
SMALL COURSE SIZES | DESIGN EXPERTS | PROFESSIONAL TRAINING | LONDON LOCATION
Graphic Design Intro | Training Course
• Understanding the design process
• How to communicate what you have created
• Creativity and context - What you actually need to know to push great work out into the world
• Improving your visual skills and exploring different ways of seeing
• What it means to have a well composed piece of work
• Design Principles:
• Form & Space
• Figure & Ground
• Gestalt Psychology
• Layout Principles
• Brand Guidelines
• Understanding the difference between logos and logotypes
• How to use brand guidelines to create inspiring work
• When to use illustration or photography
• Visual Storytelling
• Where to buy images from
• A bit about copyright
• Font families and how they work
• Basics of font makeup (serif/non serif and styles of font)
• Which fonts pair well together and which fonts to avoid
• Where and how to buy fonts
• Crucial tips on how to use typography in your work
• Optimum text point sizes for different viewing platforms
• Choosing colours that work well together
• Understanding the difference between screen and print colours
• Why colour is important
• How to restrict a colour palette
Resources & Further Learning
• Useful websites
• Further Reading
Questions and answers
|Online||£249 + VAT save £100|
|London Bridge||£279 + VAT save £70|
|Online||£299 + VAT save £50|
|London Bridge||£349 + VAT|
You Might Like These Too
What Do Our Learners Think About Our Courses?
Tom works in Internal Communications for an NHS service provider. Listen to his experience about attending our online Adobe Premiere Intro course.
Meija works for the MOD, in marketing and communications and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Alice.
Katie works for the Ministry of Defence as a Digital Content Editor and here tells us about attending her online Social Media Marketing course with Kirsty.
"Explaining and being thorough. Everything was easy to understand and go through, the pace was also perfect."